I’ve talked before about my love for chia seeds many times before, like in my favourite breakfast of overnight oats . They are really easy to incorporate into so many different dishes and are so jam packed with nutrients. Chia seeds are tasteless so they won’t affect the flavour profile of your meals but you know what they will do??
- Provide you with omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health
- Give you an abundance of calcium + phosphorus for strong bones and teeth
- Stabilize your blood sugar
- Give you a great source of protein with no cholesterol
- and just one-ounce of chia has 11 grams of dietary fibre!
You can even turn chia into a delicious and refreshing drink! (You can also buy chia drinks for about $5 a bottle…or you can make your own for under $1)
Wanna know how? Well, I’m about to tell you.
Combine 1/2 cup of warm water with 1.5 Tablespoons of chia seeds and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight. This will turn into a creamy gel.
Once your chia gel has set, mix it with 1/2 cup of coconut water and 1/2 cup of grape juice (or other juice of choice)
Stir and viola!