Have you heard of Golden Milk? It seems to be everywhere right now; pimping out its amazing health benefits, and keeping our bellies nice and warm.
Golden Milk has been around for centuries and is used in both Chinese and Indian medicine. And now, it’s hitting main stream.
And for good reason.
Turmeric, the main ingredient, holds a zillion health promoting benefits including, but not limited to:
- Improved digestion
- Improves skin conditions (psoriasis, eczema, etc.)
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- Natural analgesic (pain relief)
- Natural antiseptic
- Speeds wound healing
Traditionally Golden Milk requires turmeric paste. Combine 1/4 cup turmeric with 1/2 cup water, heat over medium heat and whisk until it forms a paste. Replace turmeric in the below recipe with 1 tsb turmeric paste.
So onto the recipe, this is the simple version. It can be whipped up in under 5 minutes and is terrific for not only the reason listed above but also, I find it really helps me to fall asleep.
- 1 cup almond milk (homemade is always best)
- 1/4tsp turmeric (powder or fresh can be used or use the turmeric paste recipe listed above)
- 1/8tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tlbs maple syrup
- 1 Tlbs coconut oil
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla
- In a medium pot add all of the above ingredients.
- Bring to a low boil, whisking often.
- Once combined and hot remove from heat and CAREFULLY pour into drinking vessel. You can also make double and save some for the next day, although fresh is always best.