I’ve been MIA for a little while. Will you forgive me? I have been busting my little butt finishing school and am a New York minute away from becoming a certified Plant Based Chef. I am excited and proud and full of delicious foods and most of all, tired. I love creating magic in my kitchen but this roller coaster ride has been mentally and physically exhausting. So when I was asked to try out the new Greens+Extra Energy from Genuine Health, well the timing couldn’t have been better. I wasn’t sure how quickly the extra energy would hit me and was surprised to find that I could feel the effects pretty quickly. I started off simple with 1 scoop in a glass of water. Most days I would drink it in the morning, switching between the cappuccino and orange flavours, and sometimes I would keep it for the dreaded 3p.m. lull. It quickly became part of my everyday and I was really excited that I didn’t experience and crash like one would typically from an energy drink or quick hit of caffeine. I was super impressed with the list of ingredients as well. You can check out the full list here. Suma root powder is one of the fantastic ingredients added to the powerful blend. Suma is very nutritionally rich and contains antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins A, B, E, and K, minerals, and electrolytes. The name Suma Root, which in Portuguese means “for everything” has been used to improve various ailments including fatigue, anxiety and stress. Sounds like a winner to me! So what to do with this energizing powder?
read below for your chance to win a bottle of greens+ extra energy!!
Do you remember when I participated in the 21 day pH balancing challenge from Goodness Me and Genuine Health and created this pH Balancing Smoothie Bowl? It was really fun creating a fun way to incorporate my greens+ into my everyday. This time around I wanted to try something a little different, a little sweeter and a little more indulgent. Crust:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup soaked + pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- blend together in your food processor until mixture is textured and sticks together easily
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or 3 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- a splash of vanilla
- the juice of half a lemon
- blend all ingredients in your high speed blender until super smooth
- mix 2 scoops of cappuccino greens+ extra energy with 1 cup of water, shake vigorously until completely blended or until your arm hurts
- In a greased muffin pan press a scoop of your crust into each cup, being sure to press down hard to make a solid crust.
- Pop the tray in the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden.
- Pour your cheesecake filling into each cup filling almost to the top.
- Drop a teaspoon of your extra energy mixture to the top of each and then swirl with a toothpick to blend into the mixture.
- Pop back into the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- These will keep for up to a week in the freezer but i’m willing to bet you’ll be pounding these babies back by the handful.
Add these to your day when you need a little more than 1 scoop in your morning smoothie.
Do you want to try greens+ Extra Energy for yourself? You have TWO chances to win- Either leave a comment below with your favourite flavour (orange or cappuccino) and your best tip for beating stress and creating healthy energy in your life OR head over to our instagram page- like, comment and repost this contest. 1 winner will be selected and Goodness Me will send you your very own bottle. *must be a Canadian resident. Contest closes February 15th, 2016. CONTEST IS CLOSED- Thank you to everyone who participated and shared and reposted. Congrats to our Instagram winner Cheryl! You’ll be hearing from us this week