Waffles for Breakfast.
Waffles for Brunch.
Waffles for Lunch.
Waffles for Dinner.
Waffles for Dessert.
Waffles. I freaking love waffles. And these are no exception to that love.
- 1 potato
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 handfuls of kale, destined and torn into smaller pieces
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- Sunflower or Coconut Oil for frying
- Your favourite and most creative toppings
- Add a fried egg for a little added something or leave it off. If vegan “eggs” are your jive you can go that route as well.
What To Do:
- Spiralize your potato (you can also shred it if you don’t have a spiralizer, although I highly suggest you get one, they are super fun!)
- Soak your potato in cold water for up to an hour
- Heat oil on medium in a frying pan and add onion. Cook for a couple of minutes then add the garlic
- Add potato and continue to cook, stirring to prevent burning
- While potato mixture is cooking grease and pre-heat your waffle maker to a medium setting
- After about 5 minutes of cooking add kale to potato mixture and add lemon juice. Stir that baby up and cook for about 3 more minutes
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add egg or replacer and S+P. Stir is up until combined
- Add half of the mixture to your waffle maker and close that lid for at least 5 minutes. Keep cooking until nicely browned
- Remove and cook up that second half
- If adding toppings, this would be the time to get those going
Makes 2 waffles